• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font sizes in a "Created form..."

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an editable form via "Create Form..." I can certainly fill and edit within it but I am finding myself unable to change font attributes. It's a four-page doc. Page 1 of this form is a 6pt serif, but pages 2-4 are a  massive 18pt sans. Nowhere do I find a place to change it within the Acrobat's interface. I've gone to Prefs>Content Editing>Font Options and made a change there but it isn't being applied to the form; even after saving, closing, and reopening. I remain stuck at a 6pt indeterminate serif on pg 1 and the oversized sans on pp2-4.  What up?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brunettin

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to change the font size in a PDF form

please try thr following steps to change the font size.

1. Open the document in Adobe Acrobat DC
  2. Go to Tools > Prepare Form
  3. Double click on the text field (For which you want to change the font) to open the 'Text field properties'
  4. Go to Appearance tab > Under text option you can change the font, size, and color.

Untitled.png

Hope this will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, yeah, that allowed me to change the one field I double-clicked on but this four-page doc has, I dunno, over 100 items to fill in. Please tell me there's a way to make a universal font selection affecting the entire dcument instead of going one entry by one entry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select 100, or more, form fields, then right-clic : Properties (or hit the Enter key) to edit all at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, you can select multiple fields at once and change them all at the same time. Or you could use a script to do it, like with this (paid-for) tool I've developed that allows you to quickly and easily change multiple properties for multiple fields: http://try67.blogspot.com/2013/06/acrobat-mass-edit-fields-properties.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, first off, to try67, thanks but I'm not keen on shelliing out more money on top of Adobe's cash cow that I'm already paying for, especially when it's meant to fix something in Acrobat that shouldn't be a problem.

To both try67 and JR_Boulay, perhaps there's a step you're failing to tell me? Because I am still unable to do what you describe. This is what I've done and you can tell me what I'm missing:

--open file in Acrobat

--Create>Create Form...

--Form fields turn into blue text boxes (each with handles for scaling, somehow)

--Save the doc and close it then reopen it giving me a form full of clean blue text boxes.

--this is the point where nothing is working. As before, pg. 1 of doc inserts 6pt type in the boxes. Pp. 2-4 insert ~16pt type. If I Select All, all that's selected is the original copy of the doc; none of the text boxes. If I click on a text box it disappears for my cursor to enter type and should I try to Select All nothing happens. Going to the Preference Content Editing pane remains useless.

So, yeah. Nothing's working. Do you suppose I should trash and reinstall Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to Prepare Form mode to be able to edit the form fields in the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I have indeed trashed Acrobat and reinstalled it. That did not change the problem.

I then thought perhaps if I open the PDF in Preview (I'm on a Mac, of course) and then Save As... through that with a renaming of the doc, that it would goose it into submission. It did not.

Then I opened the doc in Photoshop, did a Save As... as a PS PDF. This worked not at all.

I dunno. There's just some ghost baked into this doc. It was originally created in Italy (it's a form--in English--from their Chicago consulate) but I can't imagine that's would affect anything. A PDF is a PDF, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"A PDF is a PDF, no?"

Yes.

So you should open a PDF file with a PDF editor only.

As their names suggest, Preview and Photoshop are not PDF editors.

try67 gives you the answer: You need to go to Prepare Form mode to be able to edit the form fields in the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines