• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not displaying in Adobe DC the same as they do in Browser or colleagues PC's

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For a while now, when I receive adobe files and preview them in outlook or view downloadable files in a browser, they do not display the same when I choose to 'open them with Adobe DC' which is installed on my Windows 10 laptop.

It started when I realised that I was seeing a different view of adobe files that were emailed to a number of people when one day I commented on how poorly formatted a particular document and then a colleague showed me how it displayed on her PC and I realised it was me that had the problem. My version shows a variery of different fonts and widths of text and I believe its effecting the more common of fonts Arial and Times NR.

If I open one of these files that displays incorrectly, I can save it as a Word document, open it in Word, then save that as a pdf document and when I open it in adobe after this, it displays as intended.

This led me to experiment with previews in mail clients, opening the file in different browsers and so on.

It causes me the most issue when I need to fill in a pdf document and return it and I simply cannot do this and then save it in a format that I can send back to someone.

I have searched forums, this site and re-installed numerous times and cannot solve this. I pay £125 a year to use DC and would appreciate a solution please?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By “adobe files” we will assume you mean “PDF files” …

Unless you can provide us with a sample PDF file that exhibits this anomaly, there is virtually nothing we can do to determine exactly what the issue really is. And is this for all PDF files, PDF files from a particular source, what?

And you say you “need to fill in a pdf document” can we assume these are PDF forms or you trying to add text to a PDF file that is not explicitly a form?

Again, provide sample(s) and we'll try to ascertain what your real problem is.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines