• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forgotten Digital Signature Password

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My digital ID signature timed out after 5 years.  I cannot put in new digital ID signature without forgotten password in Acrobat Pro X. 

Everything is going fine until I try to create a new digital ID - then I get to about the 4th step and it asks for my password.  It is a circular logic.

I deleted the old non working ID, and want to create a new one - but I can't without password.

Please help.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

I think this was a weird bug or something in your old version of Acrobat. Realize it is NOT ASKING FOR YOUR OLD PASSWORD. But there is an ingenious solution using the TAB key in this thread: Create a new digital ID - passwords do not match

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have NO IDEA if support will be able to help with a lost password, but I'm sure that other users in a public forum can't help

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO, my main issue is that without the lost password, I can't create a new digital ID.  I realize the old digital ID is gone (fine), but when I try to create a new digital ID, I get prompted for the lost password.  It is a circular argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new digital ID you will prompted for the password for the new ID:

Bild71.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately -Pro X doesn't do that.  You must enter your old password - which is where the circular issue occurs.    Some versions do as you have noted, Pro X does not - in order to add a new ID, you need the old password.  There is only 1 password spot on the new ID screen.....so you get stuck and can't go forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with Adobe X letting me do a screenshot.  However, the screen looks exactly the same as what you have above, except it only has a line for Password and the Confirm Password line is missing.  As a result, it requires you to know the old password - which is what I can't remember, thus it won't accept anything.

It is a circular argument.  I more than willing to create a new Digital ID with a New Password - except it won't allow me to. It is requiring that I recall the old password (which is forgotten) to create a new Digital ID.

Help??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X doesn't have anything to do with taking a screenshot. Simply use your computer's PrintScreen key and then paste it here.

My guess is that what you're seeing is not an Adobe dialog at all, but something like the Windows UAC window, asking for the password of your Windows account. Of course, you don't need to know the password of an existing digital ID to create a new one, that wouldn't make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP - thanks, but it is definitely Adobe and not Windows asking.  I have searched other forums and discussions and others have the same issue.  Also - the screenshot issue appears to be something associated with Adobe as printscreen won't work.

I can assure you - the screen looks exactly like the one posted above, with the exception of the confirm password line.  If it had a confirm password line, then I could create a new password - confirm it, then be done.  MY Adobe version requires the forgotten password.

Thanks for the help - I am starting to think this is an infinite loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn't have a confirm password line, your screen may be too small for it to fit. You need to see that line. "Confirm password" is nothing to do with knowing the old password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was a weird bug or something in your old version of Acrobat. Realize it is NOT ASKING FOR YOUR OLD PASSWORD. But there is an ingenious solution using the TAB key in this thread: Create a new digital ID - passwords do not match

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! - This worked.  I simply put in a new password, then hit tab instead of enter.  The cursor disappeared, but I retyped the new password (which apparently went into an invisible screen), hit enter - and bam, it worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines