Highlighted

Form Calculation rounds down in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When a simple calculation of xxx*.3 is used and opened in Acrobat or IE it rounds a value up properly.

Example 100.25 * .3 = 30.08 (30.075)

But when the same form is opened in Chrome it rounds down and displays 30.07.

Is there a way to change the simplified field notation so it doesn't do this in Chrome?

Thanks for any help,

Nick

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

Chrome uses a crappy PDF viewer. There are things you could do to try to force it, but creating patches can cause other issues.  I think the best solution is to tell the users to download the PDF and open it in Reader, where it will work correctly. 

But if you want to try fixing it, then we need some more information.  First, the issue may not be in the calculation, it may be the formatting. I'm assuming you gave the field a 2 decimal number format? So try removing the format and see what result you get in the Chrome PDF viewer.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Form Calculation rounds down in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When a simple calculation of xxx*.3 is used and opened in Acrobat or IE it rounds a value up properly.

Example 100.25 * .3 = 30.08 (30.075)

But when the same form is opened in Chrome it rounds down and displays 30.07.

Is there a way to change the simplified field notation so it doesn't do this in Chrome?

Thanks for any help,

Nick

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Thom Parker | Adobe Community Professional

Chrome uses a crappy PDF viewer. There are things you could do to try to force it, but creating patches can cause other issues.  I think the best solution is to tell the users to download the PDF and open it in Reader, where it will work correctly. 

But if you want to try fixing it, then we need some more information.  First, the issue may not be in the calculation, it may be the formatting. I'm assuming you gave the field a 2 decimal number format? So try removing the format and see what result you get in the Chrome PDF viewer.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, since it needs to be 2 decinmals I just placed a non-printable note on the top of the file to not use Chrome or Edge. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1