Highlighted

form field doesn't show default text

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new form that I created in acrobat. It has many form fields. All form fields show their default text except three form fields don't show any until I click into the field. The text field properties of these three form fields are identical to the text field properties of all other form fields that properly display their default text. How do I get these three fields to show the default text like all of the other form fields do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

form field doesn't show default text

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new form that I created in acrobat. It has many form fields. All form fields show their default text except three form fields don't show any until I click into the field. The text field properties of these three form fields are identical to the text field properties of all other form fields that properly display their default text. How do I get these three fields to show the default text like all of the other form fields do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete this fields and re-create this fields.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
ctctc LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies, but in addition to the fields that didn't show default text, there were other fields that refused to adhere to the applied text formatting consistently. There were also calculated fields that did not always calculate. I recall similar problems when trying to use acrobat forms decades ago. So I give up once again. It's not worth my time to babysit this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0