Highlighted

Form field storage size

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master form that I use for custom reports to my clients.  The reports include many images that are resized to require minimal storage.  My completed reports typically range between 7 and 12MB.  I monitor the file size as I create the report, to be sure that I don't inadvertently add images from the wrong directory on my system.  I have produced many reports without issue.  I just completed another and after completing it, the file size is unexpectedly large.  QUESTION:  Is there a way to get statistics on field [storage] size from within acrobat?  I would then be able to determine what objects are requiring excessive storage.  Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Form field storage size

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master form that I use for custom reports to my clients.  The reports include many images that are resized to require minimal storage.  My completed reports typically range between 7 and 12MB.  I monitor the file size as I create the report, to be sure that I don't inadvertently add images from the wrong directory on my system.  I have produced many reports without issue.  I just completed another and after completing it, the file size is unexpectedly large.  QUESTION:  Is there a way to get statistics on field [storage] size from within acrobat?  I would then be able to determine what objects are requiring excessive storage.  Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at "Audit space usage..." of the PDF Optimizer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing a Save As and specifying a new file name. That forces an optimization that can seriously decrease the file size, without reducing its quality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.  It was something that was edited toward the end of the report creation.  As I said earlier, I check the size periodically and all was fine until my final save.  Now I am stuck trying to find the culprit.  It would be nice if there was a way to gen a report that spits out statistics in detail.  Sounds like there is no utility for that.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... I am aware of that utility, but I need the storage size of each image on the report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can look at the content of the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by that.  Is there a way to see the image size (storage) for each field individually?  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0