• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form fields disappearing when opening file

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form in Acrobat Pro DC and saved it. When I've opened the file a few days later all the form fields and form functionality have disappeared, it's just a standard pdf file, as if I never even created the form in the first place. Not sure if I've done something wrong or if it's a rogue file. I've created other forms in recent weeks and haven't had any issues with them. This particular form was particularly lengthy so not looking forward to having to create it again.

Can anyone help please?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Tools > Prepare Form can you see the form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It creates the form fields automatically as if it's starting the form from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I've opened the file a few days later all the form fields and form functionality have disappeared, it's just a standard pdf file"

There are two possibilities, either you have entered the wrong file, or you have opened it with a software that does not support the AcroForms functions of PDF format, such as Apple-Preview for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, definitely not opened the wrong file and am opening it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you saved the form? Have you checked the form after saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved the form by File > Save.

I didn't check the form immediately after saving as I sent it on to a client for approval. The client has since come back with some amends so I have opened the file again to make the changes and that's when I realised the form functionality had gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you open your form or the form that come back from the client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies - I've just ooened an older version of the form (under a different name) and realised I had saved over it as the newer file. Sorry to have wasted your time, but also relieved that I won't have to create the form again!

Thanks for taking the time to help and sorry once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines