• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form fields do no save

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an increase in calls about PDF forms being blank when opened after emailing.  For example our HR dept has student workers complete their W-4 forms electronically.  When HR receives them and opens it the signature field is there but none of the other fields are populated.  If the student opens the document again on their computer the fields are all filled in.  They are saving them as PDF.  Also, we have an interoffice committee that is having similar problems.  They are completing forms and saving them to OneDrive.  When the document is opened from OneDrive the documents are blank.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since it's not everyone. I know it's got to be a matter of how they are filling them out or how they are opening them I just can't seem to find the right steps.  

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure they are only using Adobe Reader (or Acrobat) to open the files, not anything else, including browser plugins, Apple Preview, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not the greatest solution but it seems to do the trick.  You would think with Adobe hooking into the Office suite it would work with the products within.  But we are gearing anyone with issues to open in Reader as most do not have the Adobe CC or Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines