Highlighted

Form fields misaligned

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF with two text fields an a graphic. It's used to print information onto a pre-printed certificate.

I'm using a .Net program and iTextSharp to merge data into this form and create a PDF. These individual PDFs (all single page) are then combined using iTextSharp into a single PDF. Everything works great - until you print the combined PDF. 

What happens is the first few certificates come out great, i.e., the fields are in the correct spot as is the graphic. However, after a number of pages, two of the fields move up and everything gets off track.

It's very, very strange. Why would the position of these fields suddenly change? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Form fields misaligned

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF with two text fields an a graphic. It's used to print information onto a pre-printed certificate.

I'm using a .Net program and iTextSharp to merge data into this form and create a PDF. These individual PDFs (all single page) are then combined using iTextSharp into a single PDF. Everything works great - until you print the combined PDF. 

What happens is the first few certificates come out great, i.e., the fields are in the correct spot as is the graphic. However, after a number of pages, two of the fields move up and everything gets off track.

It's very, very strange. Why would the position of these fields suddenly change? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you post the question in a forum for Adobe Acrobat? iTextSharp is not a Adobe product.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don't think this has anything to do with iTextSharp. The PDFs created are fine; it's just when printing, after a few pages, the fields "move" and are no longer aligned properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you combine the files with Adobe Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not done that yet. However, I just printed 100 pages to a different printer and this behavior didn't occur. Has anyone seen something like this before?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which software do you use for printing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
SREX72 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0