Highlighted

Form Fields with same name are merging and I don't want them to. Please help.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Organize Pages feature in Acrobat DC to add additional documents to an existing PDF. When organizing pages, I am getting a pop up that says "Any form fields that have the same name in the merged documents are now merged into one field. If you want the values in these fields to be unique, then you need to create a PDF portfolio." After reviewing the document, I see that several of the pages have changed the data to match what is on one of the first pages. I would like all the pages to remain as they are.

I just want to put several unique PDFs that all have unique names as well as unique data, into one PDF.

Please help me. Thank you.

TOPICS
PDF forms, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Form Fields with same name are merging and I don't want them to. Please help.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Organize Pages feature in Acrobat DC to add additional documents to an existing PDF. When organizing pages, I am getting a pop up that says "Any form fields that have the same name in the merged documents are now merged into one field. If you want the values in these fields to be unique, then you need to create a PDF portfolio." After reviewing the document, I see that several of the pages have changed the data to match what is on one of the first pages. I would like all the pages to remain as they are.

I just want to put several unique PDFs that all have unique names as well as unique data, into one PDF.

Please help me. Thank you.

TOPICS
PDF forms, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If form fields have the same name, they have the same value.

To make them all unique, give them each a different name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to use a form template and JavaScript to bring the fata extracted from the form into you new nig PDF and sfd a mew page fo the next form data.

Or, you could move all of the forms into a tan delimited file and then import each row into a new spawned page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this change as well. I found a suggestion somewhere else that said you can flatten the fields on the forms and then you're able to combine them into one pdf file without the fields merging. To flatten the fields, you have to use PDF Optimizer. Go to: File > Save as Other > PDF Optimizer. When it opens up, select Discard Objects in the left-hand column, check “Flatten form fields”, and click OK.

I tried this on two forms that I needed to combine into one file and it no longer merged the form fields together.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you wanted everything to duplicate but two fields?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0