• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form won't submit, error says required field

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a form with various required fields, and everything seems to work fine. However, when I open in Acrobat Reader and fill out all the required fields, it won't allow me to submit. The error message says I haven't filled out all required fields, but I have. I checked all the fields to make sure I didn't have one showing up black but marked as required, and I didn't. Help, please?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

You're welcome.

I assumed that you were using a button with a "submit form" menu action.

You won't be able to edit this PDF in Adobe Reader DC though.

To do so, you need the full desktop version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (paid subscription).

If you do have Acrobat Pro DC, use the "Prepare Form" tool (some people refer to it as "edit mode").

When you open this tool you'll be able to edit the formfield objects in the PDF document.

For example, if you do have button field object, right-c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to re-verify in Acrobat which fields did you selected for the Submit action.

It is possible that you renamed a field or something and it is not checked in the list of required fields. See slide:

submitform.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also the note in the slide above about how Dates are submitted.

Do you have any date fields in that form? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, ls_rbls. Since I'm new to Acrobat DC, can you tell me where I find the window shown in your image?

And yes, I have quite a few date fields in the form. Thanks for the heads up about how they will submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

I assumed that you were using a button with a "submit form" menu action.

You won't be able to edit this PDF in Adobe Reader DC though.

To do so, you need the full desktop version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (paid subscription).

If you do have Acrobat Pro DC, use the "Prepare Form" tool (some people refer to it as "edit mode").

When you open this tool you'll be able to edit the formfield objects in the PDF document.

For example, if you do have button field object, right-click on it, and select "Properties" from the context menu.

This will open the field properties dialogue window as shown in the screenshot.

Then click on the "Actions" tab. See below that the section labeled "Select Action".

From the dropdown menu next to that select "Execute a Menu Item"; scroll down on that list and select "Submit a form".

The "Submit Form Selections" dialogue box will open next, which is shown in my screenshot.

This is where you can select all fields or "Only these.." fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I understand now -- Submit button properties and actions. I did not have the fields checked, so I checked all of the required fields as well as the option to include empty fields. I'll try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines