Highlighted

Formatting Dates

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I format a date 8/20/1966 "mmddyyyy", my date is coming out 08/20/2066 because Adobe does not know if it is 2066 or 1966.  How do I make it 08/20/1966?

I am using laser apps from my data base to fill in forms.  I believe I just found the setting in LaserApp to correct my problem.. Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Formatting Dates

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I format a date 8/20/1966 "mmddyyyy", my date is coming out 08/20/2066 because Adobe does not know if it is 2066 or 1966.  How do I make it 08/20/1966?

I am using laser apps from my data base to fill in forms.  I believe I just found the setting in LaserApp to correct my problem.. Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, latest update version on a MS Windows 10 (latest version updates applied) and set the clocks and timezones to synchronize automatically.

I don't have this problem when I use  a date picker in Acrobat. It allows me to pick any dates any year, using the custom format of "mmddyyyy".

My question is, are you suing any date calculating javascripts? 

And, how old is your operating system and Acrobat Pro versions?

Based on you description it almost looks like a Y2K bug... but certainly it looks more to me that you're scripting dates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 Pro with the up to date Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  Let me back up:  I forgot to mention I am doing a pdf form with fields in blocks.  I have the the format as mmddyyyy and the "Combo of set at 8" in the Options.  The field is coming out as 08200196.  It is putting a "0" in front of the year  and leaving out the last digit of the year.  From what I have read, it does not know if it is 2066 or 1966.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you fill the field?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind sharing a sample of this fields PDF, you don't need to share the whole PDF . Is just hard to understand how you have it set up.

If I understood correctly  this part "Combo of set at 8";  you are getting a date that is selected from a date picker to autopopulate another textfield that has a different date format?

Or are you using a combobox to select dates from a list?

In any case I tested these scenarios on my end and not getting that error. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great!

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0