Highlighted

Freezes on create from scan

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner is no longer working with Acrobat Pro 2020.012.20048. It works outside of Acrobat. It starts the scan and after it completes the scanner mechanical part Acrobat just hangs and never finishes. It doesn't show the first page. I have tried both TWAIN and WIA versions. I tried reinstalling the driver and Acrobat and it didn't fix anything.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Freezes on create from scan

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner is no longer working with Acrobat Pro 2020.012.20048. It works outside of Acrobat. It starts the scan and after it completes the scanner mechanical part Acrobat just hangs and never finishes. It doesn't show the first page. I have tried both TWAIN and WIA versions. I tried reinstalling the driver and Acrobat and it didn't fix anything.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat DC is freezing on scanning even after reinstalling the drivers for scanner.

Would you mind sharing the version of the OS you are using? Are you on Mac or Windows Machine?

As you have the updated version of Acrobat DC, please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once. Also please check for any missing/pending update for scanner driver and firmware.

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows only). Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck enhanced security > click OK and reboot the computer .
Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks. Please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doen't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

It it still doesn't work please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there.

You may also look at the steps provided in the help pages listed below:

For Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

For Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0