Highlighted

Garmin GPX files saved as PDF

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I try to save a Garmin GPX file, it saves it as a .pdf, and not a .gpx file and is unreadable by my gps. I'm guessing I did something, but don't know and don't know how to change it back. I've used various gps programs and tried to save as .gpx, but they all become .pdf files Is there a setting somewhere to correct this?

Thanks for any help,

Ian

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Garmin GPX files saved as PDF

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I try to save a Garmin GPX file, it saves it as a .pdf, and not a .gpx file and is unreadable by my gps. I'm guessing I did something, but don't know and don't know how to change it back. I've used various gps programs and tried to save as .gpx, but they all become .pdf files Is there a setting somewhere to correct this?

Thanks for any help,

Ian

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the extension of file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to save as a .gpx and it saves as .pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like somehow, I changed what program opens the .gpx files to Adobe. I just changed that back to my gps program and it seems to be ok.

Sorry for not checking things out first Bernd, before posting here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use File > Properties in Windows Explorer what can you see there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0