• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost image on side(s) of page

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I'm getting a ghost image of about 1" of the *next* page when printing from a PDF to a Canon IR C2230. This is not a printer problem, as we have had the unit serviced. When we print the same document from MS Word, it prints just fine.

Example: Whenever I print Page 1, I get a 1" 'shadow' of the page 2 content on both sides of the page; when I print Page 2, I get a 1" shadow only on the left side, showing Page 3 content.

Suggestions? Fixes?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Interesting problem. I can‘t imagine Acrobat causing this by a software effect. For me those are physical leftovers from the previous page. Even after having serviced the printer unit, I‘m persuaded that the error is in connection with the printer. My problem currently is to understand what the difference between a Word and a Acrobat print is...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be interesting to know the OS and version.

Does "Print as image" (advanced tab of the Acrobat printing dialogue) work as it should?

May I suggest, you post a scan of the problem?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040

Sample below... the 'ghost text' seems to be coming from the middle of the page. When 'Print page as image" is selected, we get the same results - the only time it prints cleanly is if we print directly from Word (which shouldn't matter to the printer...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting problem. I can‘t imagine Acrobat causing this by a software effect. For me those are physical leftovers from the previous page. Even after having serviced the printer unit, I‘m persuaded that the error is in connection with the printer. My problem currently is to understand what the difference between a Word and a Acrobat print is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got a return visit from the technician and determined that it *was* an issue with the printer. We're all mystified as to why Word didn't cause the problem and Acrobat did, but we're happy that the situation is resolved, and we're printing merrily away... Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy that the problem is solved.

There may be a lot of causes for the phenomena not to appear with Word:

• toner quantity
  • printing speed

For the exact explanation I would, however, need to go asking the Oracle of Delphi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines