• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hatch not showing in PDF at 100% zoom

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a drafter and regularly produce PDFs for clients using AutoCAD. We've recently come across an issue where dotted hatching is not visible at 100% zoom in both Acrobat and Reader. There is no such issue when viewed in Nitro Pro, which has me thinking that it may be an issue with Adobe.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any thoughts on how it might be fixed? Suggested AutoCAD fixes have been applied - FILLMODE is set to 1, and the HPMAXLINES and HPMAXAREAS values have been increased to 1,000,000.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the hatch is not showing in PDF with 100% zoom.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the issue for a better understanding? What happens when you increase the zoom level more that 100%? Please try to increase the zoom level and check.

Also, please try the following preference setting and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering, Select 'Enhance thin lines' > Click OK and reboot the application.

Also make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20066 of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I've included screenshots of 75%, 100%, and 125%. The dotted hatch is only missing at 100%. All other zoom levels appear to be unaffected.

75%.jpg100%.jpg125%.jpg

Rendering is already set to enhance thin lines.

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 2015 Release (Classic), Version 2015.006.30527.

No updates are available when I check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing additional information. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different file and check.

Also please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) from the help menu and see if that work. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... 

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile on your computer with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Also ,  Adobe Acrobat 2015 is an EOL application and no longer supported. For more information about EOL please refer to the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-2015-reader-2015.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

The problem is consistent across multiple files. I've performed Repair Installation and reset preferences to default as suggested.

I'm yet to try using the program in a new test use profile.

Given that 2015 is no longer supported, our company would consider purchasing the newest version if there was a guarantee that our current hatch issue would not occur. I imagine it might not, however, resolve the issue on the client's end, which was the catalyst for looking into the issue after a client told us that the hatch was not visible.

Let me know if there is a way for you to check the file on your end. I'd rather not provide my credit card details to obtain the trial of the newest version.

Regards,

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Would you mind sharing the sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end for testing? Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share that link with us.

Also, please try to use the application in the new test user profile on your computer or root account in mac and see if its working fine there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

Thanks for sharing the PDF file. I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and the hatch is not showing at 75% zoom, though it is showing on all the other zoom levels. It seems to be a file specific issue.

I furthur found that the PDF is created via Autocad using pdfplot15.hdl as the PDF producer, Please try to create the PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

It seems to be file specific in the sense that it has not happened with other drawings that I've PDF'ed, but I think that there must be a bit more going on given that there is no issue of disappearing hatch when viewed in Nitro.

I can plot to other PDF software (such as Adobe or Nitro) and the hatch does not disappear, but the result is a significantly lower quality image, which is not ideal to send to a client.

Given that you're seeing the issue on your end (though at a different zoom level, which seems quite odd), we'll hold off on purchasing the current Adobe and look into alternative options. Let me know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks for your help either way.

Regards,

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines