Highlighted

have old Acrobat- if I update old PC to Win10 can I reinstall it?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- I have a Dell DIM 9200 from 2007. It was a hot system back then. The only reason I don't continue to use it (mostly as a backup system) is because MS no longer supports the Vista OS. I had upgradedit by installing a SSD. When I purchased it I also purchased Acrobat 9.5.5. I now think I'll install Win10 on it. Yes, I know, most people wouldn't recommend it- they say junk it. Well, I understand that logic but I'd like to so I can use it as a backup. What I'd like to know is that if I do install Win10- it will of course lose any software now installed- like Acrobat. So, would I then be able to reinstall from the original disk?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

have old Acrobat- if I update old PC to Win10 can I reinstall it?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- I have a Dell DIM 9200 from 2007. It was a hot system back then. The only reason I don't continue to use it (mostly as a backup system) is because MS no longer supports the Vista OS. I had upgradedit by installing a SSD. When I purchased it I also purchased Acrobat 9.5.5. I now think I'll install Win10 on it. Yes, I know, most people wouldn't recommend it- they say junk it. Well, I understand that logic but I'd like to so I can use it as a backup. What I'd like to know is that if I do install Win10- it will of course lose any software now installed- like Acrobat. So, would I then be able to reinstall from the original disk?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is not compatible with Windows 10, so it might work, and it might not. You can try it, but you have to make sure to deactivate it on the old system first. Also, make sure to copy the contents of the disk to your local computer and back it up (along with the serial number), as Adobe doesn't offer older installers for download.

After installing it make sure to install all available updates, up to 9.5.5 and maybe try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7. That's your best chance of getting it to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 67,

Since W10 will format the drive if installed over Vista OS, I should think there would be no need to deactive it- unless doing so informs Adobe that it's been uninstalled. Is that what happens? How to deactive it? Just uninstall it- or do this on the Adobe web site?

Thanks for your comment.

Joe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling (or formatting the HD) does NOT deactivate the application, and if you reach the limit of activations you'll have a problem. To deactivate open Acrobat and look for the Deactivate command under the Help menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF