Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having mp4 Videos play when sent in shared PDF

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there-

I've created a PDF and inserted mp4s as I want them to appear. On my desktop it works great, but when I try to send a link for colleagues to view I'm two things happen: 

1. The videos aren't playing in the pdf

OR

2. The link has dispapeared or in unable to be viewed.

Any help in getting this sorted would be great as this presentation hinges on those videos. 

Thanks so much!

JR

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Plays videos from the its location on your PC. When you add a video to PDF, it reads it from the path of the video on your PC.
Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs  
o you can see it on your machine but when you send it to anyone, he will not found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Omar. I figured that might be hte case, but is there A. A way to send as link so that videos are acessible to viewer, or B. Way to embed them from a shared source (say vimeo) so that they will opne when reader opnes that page? 

Adding a video feature that only works on your PC seems like a waste- as in, only ever good if doing presentation from your laptop, never in termns of sharing work with others. 

Also, if anyone knows of a source where a presentation with videos can work/play when shared, would love that insight!

Thanks, again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines