• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: Acrobat DC will not open updated file, only opens previous versions

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a very long form for a job that required filling in of lot of information. I saved a previous version that I updated with new information but now when I download that version from my google drive or try to open the changed file on my desktop the program only opens the version before I changed it. This happens even though reader will open the new version and the new version show on g-drive. Acrobat refuses to open an editable updated version and those changes tool hours to make. How can I get Acrobat to work? I need to finish this doc soon.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Try clearing your browser's cache and then open it again. Also, don't open the file inside the browser window. Download it locally and then open it using Acrobat directly. If you open it in the browser it will most likely use the browser's internal PDF plugin, which is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing your browser's cache and then open it again. Also, don't open the file inside the browser window. Download it locally and then open it using Acrobat directly. If you open it in the browser it will most likely use the browser's internal PDF plugin, which is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v. 2020.013.20074 and also experiencing this issue with select documents. In Preview, I can view the correct version but, when I open the document the previous document version opens. This is completely unsatisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem.  If I open a PDF file emailed to me it shows me any older version not the one being emailed.  If I "preview" it it shows the correct version.  This is dangerous.  I hope someone figures out how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines