• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: Acrobat Reader DC program opens randomly with tiny empty white window without me opening it.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer (Windows 10), I have a problem where the Acrobat Reader DC program opens randomly without me opening it or clicking on it. The window that opens is a small, 3-inch square white window containing only an X in the top corner (to close the window). The window doesn't say Acrobat Reader across the top, but closing Acrobat Reader from the Windows 10 taskbar closes the window. I'm sick of it popping up; it happens about 5 times per day, even when Acrobat reader is completely closed. Is there any way to troubleshoot this? Thanks to anyone who can help. I have attached a screehshot.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is truly strange!  Is there any way to know if you are logged into your Adobe account?  My guess is that it is trying to do that... but that's just a guess.  If you launch Reader (intentionally) and log into your account, then maybe minimize Reader, does this stop the popup from happening?  Just fishing for a way around it or to troubleshoot it.  Provide any additional details as they become available/apparent.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened the program (intentionaly). Indeed I wasn't logged in, which isn't surprising since I almost never need to be logged in. So I tried logging in, and now I'll wait to see whether the popup window returns, both with Acrobat Reader minimized and then also with it closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen some folks post screenshots of blank/white dialogs - different than your screenshot.  But it's sure worth trying.  Let us know.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines