• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help creating fillable PDF and font suddenly changed to weird symbols.

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Acrobat DC Pro. I am trying to create a fillable PDF from another PDF. After creating the document. I was testing it out and I put in a reset button. Once I pressed the reset button all the fillable info disappeared as expected but I went back to make a correction on some original text and suddenly I saw weird symbols. I followed some of the advise on this form and went to PDF/UA Standards and used the blue wrench to fix embeded fonts. Now when I type nothing happens. I dont know where to go from here.

Kathleen5E24_0-1613956837221.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "weird symbols"? What font did you use for the fields? Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try67,

I used Arial font for the form fill. I was trying to make some changes to the Producer Name (from the original document that I was converting to form fill ) after I had hit the reset button and then I got those weird symbols. Now if I try to edit the form I either get those symbols in lieu of letters or I can't type anything. I will attach a copy of the file. Thanks for your prompt response!

Thanks,
Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines