• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! I can't get the text in my fillable form fields to print!

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable form PDF in Acrobat, on a MacBook. Then I open it on a PC, fill out the form in Adobe Reader, and try to print it. But only the fillable form info prints. None of the text I've entered into the field boxes prints with the form.

I've tried printing in grayscale, changing printing properties to Documents, to Documents and Markup, etc. No luck.

Any advice??

Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Okay, thanks!

Sorry for the false alarm...not sure why/how all the properties changed on that one. And I did a test print, and all text seems to be printing now.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, check the properties of the fields you added and make sure their display setting is set as "Visible", under Properties - General:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

All seems well, now.

Appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and my fields are set to visible.  I still cannot get the filled forms to print the data that the customer has filled in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably used a non-compliant application. Try exporting the data to an FDF file and then importing it back into the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide instructions on how to export data to and FDF file and back?  I cannot find this function and internet searches are not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tested it myself on a different computer, filled out the data fields in Acrobat Reader DC, sent back to myself and opened in computer with Acrobat Pro DC and they did not print, so I don't think non-compliant application is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see where I can download a photo or url link, but not where to attach a pdf file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wait...

now I see on that version that the fields are set to "Visible but not print."

Oy!!

How would that have converted to that, if the previous version was set to "Visible"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is there any way to do a bulk setting change to all the fields, to change all the fields to "Visible" at once? Or do I just need to edit each field individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all fields and change the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks!

Sorry for the false alarm...not sure why/how all the properties changed on that one. And I did a test print, and all text seems to be printing now.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you changed one field and then set those properties as the new default, or something...

If that's the case then you should change it back, or you would constantly have this issue.

You can select multiple files, right-click one of them, select Properties and then change this setting for all of them at once.

It can also be done using a simple script, which you can execute from the JS Console or even from a button field that you add to your file.

The code to use is:

for (var i=0; i<this.numFields; i++) {

var f = this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i));

if (f==null) continue;

f.display = display.visible;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, all the form fields are set to "Visible" in the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines