Help required trying to end Adobe DC account in UK

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm in the UK, not the US.  I took out a 14-day trial of DC and tried to end it on day 13 at which point I was offered 90 days free of charge as an extended trial (to avoid me leaving).  Today - within the 90 days - I tried to cancel and close and was told I'd be hit by a £60 early exit fee.  I've gone around in circles trying to find a link to Adobe Support but all I get are pages of self-help information.

I know how to end my trial, I just need to speak to someone at Adobe to explain to them that I'm not in the US and that we have different laws here, and hitting people with surpise exit fees is illegal.

Anyone else experienced the hell of trying to leave Adobe?  Anyone else in the UK had a similar awful experience?

What made me laugh was a link at the base of a page saying "Contact Us - Real help from real people". I can't find a link to a real person anywhere.

Anyone?

TOPICS
Cancel subscription, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE
For anyone in the UK who has also been caught by the Adobe 'Extended free trial' scam, I've just been on the phone with the credit card team of my UK bank.  They've taken a dim view of this which, I am sorry to say, seems to be not uncommon with US software firms.  No wonder so many keep falling foul of EU regulations.
Anyway, if you are British and having a problem with Adobe all is not lost - British laws do actually count and do provide protection against this sort of behaviour.  So cancel your account if you need to and take your case to your credit card company. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try contacting them by phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  I think it's resolved now as above.
Adobe have behaved really poorly in my view, and I've kept the screenshots of the website links that sent me around in circles.  Appalling company that I'll never deal with again.
Thanks anyway.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines