Highlighted

Help: Text duplicates in all form fields

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When filling in the PDF form fields (of the PDF fillable form that I created), the text duplicates into every other field in the PDF, regardless of which box you type into. Help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

This is how PDF forms behave if the fields names are the same, so you just need to change their names in Acrobat so they are all different.

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help: Text duplicates in all form fields

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When filling in the PDF form fields (of the PDF fillable form that I created), the text duplicates into every other field in the PDF, regardless of which box you type into. Help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

This is how PDF forms behave if the fields names are the same, so you just need to change their names in Acrobat so they are all different.

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem in Acrobat DC and changing the field names has not solved the problem. I've deleted the boxes and recreated them, but still have the problem. Ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a work in progress and I’m a novice, but here you go...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share file you can use Tools > Send & Track.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem. Operator error. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this issue? I have the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having the same issue and need to know how to fix it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above. You need to rename them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally it! Assign them different names and boom, fixed. George is right!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue also, and all the fields are titled something different. Any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to share the file with us for more help with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I went back in to edit/prepare the form, and now I see what is meant by the "titles" and they were all the same. I'm trying to prepare a set of lab tables for my high school students, but there are 2 tables with 25 cells each, along with many other cells for longer answers. It's sounding like I either rename all the cells individually (even with just a number, which they won't see or I don't care if they see), or have them use a different program. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find a PDF viewer that allows you to enter different values into fields with the same name you should stay away from it, as it's very buggy and should not be trusted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF