Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with pdf video

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me here!

I have managed to create a pdf and insert a video as 'rich media' which plays completely fine on the document I have created. 

However I need to share the document as a link and when I view the file this way, the video no longer plays. 

My question is how do I get the video to play when viewing the pdf file through the share link, as those I am sharing it to will be seeing it?

Hope that's made sense and someone can help would really appreciate it!

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However I need to share the document as a link and when I view the file this way, the video no longer plays. "

Does you view the file in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the recipient of that link views the PDF file in the browser, unless the browser is fairly obsolete Internet Explorer 11, they are not viewing the PDF file in either Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. The “built-in” PDF viewers in Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari don't support multimedia (sounds and video). Nor do the mobile versions of Adobe Reader support multimedia (at this time).

The recipients of your link need to download the PDF file(s) and view them on Adobe Reader or Acrobat under Windows or MacOS.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines