• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi! I have Acrobat writer 6.0 Standard and disc of upgrade to Acrobat writer 7.0 Standard . I works perfectly on Win 7. I want to upgrade my PC to Win10. Is it possible to install Acrobat 6.0 on Win 10 and afterwards upgrade to Acrobat 7.0?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have Acrobat writer 6.0 Standard and disc of upgrade to Acrobat writer 7.0 Standard . I works perfectly on Win 7. I want to upgrade my PC to Win10. Is it possible to install Acrobat 6.0 on Win 10 and afterwards upgrade to Acrobat 7.0?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Acrobat Pro 7.0 and Acrobat Standard 7.0 (no such product as Acrobat Writer) certainly won't work fully, perhaps at all, in Windows 10. You won't have the Adobe PDF Printer driver, or support for current Office versions even if everything else works.

If you are determined to install Acrobat 7 DO NOT USE YOUR DISKS, they no longer work. You MUST download a replacement which also grants a replacement serial number (you must use BOTH).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, you usually don't need to install the earlier version to then install an upgrade, you just enter the earlier version's serial number when the upgrade installer asks for a qualifying product

2nd, depending on how old that program is, you may or may NOT be able to install on Win10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 7.0 and Acrobat Standard 7.0 (no such product as Acrobat Writer) certainly won't work fully, perhaps at all, in Windows 10. You won't have the Adobe PDF Printer driver, or support for current Office versions even if everything else works.

If you are determined to install Acrobat 7 DO NOT USE YOUR DISKS, they no longer work. You MUST download a replacement which also grants a replacement serial number (you must use BOTH).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a new serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from where to download adobe acrobat 6.0 standard. anybody please share me the link pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no download link. Use your disks, or buy a replacement. (Acrobat 6, unlike 7 and 8, can still be installed on a suitably old system like Windows XP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines