Highlighted

Hidden Form Fields

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to have hidden form fields that can only be seen if a password is used. I have a PDF form set up as a survey made up of a few questions which each have 5 radio buttons for answers. Each button has a value of 1-5. I also have a hidden field that calculates the values. I need for the person taking the survey to not be able see this hidden field, however it needs to be visible with a password entered. I would also be open to possible work-arounds.

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hidden Form Fields

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to have hidden form fields that can only be seen if a password is used. I have a PDF form set up as a survey made up of a few questions which each have 5 radio buttons for answers. Each button has a value of 1-5. I also have a hidden field that calculates the values. I need for the person taking the survey to not be able see this hidden field, however it needs to be visible with a password entered. I would also be open to possible work-arounds.

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This simplest method would be to hide the fields and show them if a password is entered in a text field, this would be easy to do as long as the password can be included in the script ( which does mean it could be read by someone with the know how).

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you could also make checkbox and put it somewhere on the page (like corner of a page) where only you will now it's
there and you are sure users won't click there, remove it's border and fill colors,and choose text color of your page background ( probably white ) so it will be invisible but still clickable

and add this javascript as checkbox mouseup event:

if (event.target.value != "Off"){
this.getField("textfield").display = display.visible;
}else this.getField("textfield").display = display.hidden;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF