• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden forms showing when saving interactive pdf

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So on my interactive PDF I have a button (bottom left side) that will flatten (make the forms un editable) and then save as and new doc. How ever when the file is saved, if i pull it up in preview on my mac or on my iPhone when it is emailed to me I can see all the layers that are hidden.

When I open it from gmail is displays correctly (Mac or iPhone).

When I view it on my iPhone at first it shows normal, but if I click on it then it displays the hidden field Mac in outlook it shows the hidden fields as well 

Displays correctly on all non apple devices. So I'm assuming its an issue of Adobe and Apple not working together but this is not good for me as I need it to display the way I want on ALL device types as this is a receipt. 

I have provided the doc and then some screenshots to explain what I mean 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need to set the PDF up for the lowest common capabilities which basically means, no interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so I manually went file-save as and then selected Adobe Files PDF, Optimized and changed the settings to "make compatible with" to Adobe 4 or higher and it worked! However it tells me that in order for it to be optimized the file needs to be saved first, which is a problem because it overrides the original doc and saves the filled in fields. Not the end of the world if it has to be like that as I have a reset all forms button but is there a way around that? 

Now before I had a button that was set to do a menu action of file-save as, is there a way to program this button (if with javascript can you provide code, I'm really new with java (button name is "Save As" ) )  so it changes all that info on its own so the user doesnt have to do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines