• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden page and making template

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm needing help with a form. I've posted questions about it on the community forums before, and it keeps getting more and more complicated.

This is an old LiveCycle form that an ex-employee had password protected. I was able to recreate it in Acrobat DC, except for a couple of things. The old form had a row of fields where you could add another row by clicking a button. I don't think Acrobat can do that. I created a page of additional fields (there are five rows on the main document, and the additional page has several more, each field name is unique), and would like that page hidden, unless the user clicks on a button, which will then reveal the page with the extra fields.

I've been searching the forums, and many of them talk about making that extra page a template, but I can't find any instructions on how to make it into one. The online help talkd about Tools>Document Processing, but I don't see that option.

My javascripting skills are minimal, so I would appreciate any help possible.

(The other function was an expandable text box, but to get around that I made a button where the user can attach a document if there is not enough space in the provided field.)

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Acrobat do you have? Is it Acrobat DC Pro or Standard?

Also, is the file going to be used only in Acrobat, or also in Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Arcrobat DC Pro. (ver 2020.009.20065)

The file will probably be used in both Acrobat and Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the Tools panel for "template" then and you should find it.

However, if it's going to be used in Reader you can't just show or hide it.

You will need to use a script to spawn new pages from it and then delete them when they are not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.... I was able to make a page a template. Next step is to figure out a spawning script.

Much obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fogharty - Did you find a spawning script? I'm in a similar boat myself and any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find information about the spawn method in Acrobat Javascript reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines