Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding pages in PDF package

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time post.

Overview to my question. I am a basic user of Acrobat and I am creating an order form package for my photography. The first page is the buyers information and instructions. Subsequence pages, to be merged later, has a thumbnail grid of images. Each image has its own drop-down "quantity" box. I would love to have some sort of automated summary displaying the name and quantity of images selected. But for now I'm thinking of having some sort of "admin. page", on the reverse side of the first contact page, where I can create a summary of just those photos selected. I can create my own summary sheet seperate to the order form but if I'm doing the work anyway it would be great to imbed it in each order.

If I go this route I would love to have this admin page hidden to the customer but accessible to me after they return the completed document. I hope this makes sense. Any and all help in the form of instructions or alternative suggestions is appreciated.

PS I've seen so many instructional videos that use JavaScript / coding for solutions to other tasks but I have zero experience in coding so I would love to find a simplier solution.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating it, hiding it and then showing it later on is unnecessarily complicated. I would just create it as a separate file, with all the calculations needed already embedded in it, then add it to the files you receive back from the clients that has the data already in them, and update the calculations to get the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks try67. I came to that realization and made a summary Excel document which follows my general philosophy of "play smarter, not harder".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines