Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight text

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I made a document in InDesign. Export it to Acrobat. 
question: is it possible to highlight the text automaticaly that is found when I click on a link on the index page?

thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @C.5E5C 

Do you mean select the text or put a colored highlight on it? This can't happen directly, but someone may be aware of a script or you may be able to hire someone to write one for you.

Are you aware, though, that the link on the index page may not refer to any specific text? It could be for the current page, a range of pages, a style change, a specific number of paragraphs, or to the end of the story, for example.

I'll tag your post for scripting in case that applies, and apologies for the four-day delay in answering.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Please don*t apologies
Thank you so much for your reply.

Here is an example of what I mean

Index
Animals…………….……..35
    Cats in the cradle…....36 —» click on „36

brings me to the text on the page

… if you see cats in the cradle it probably means…… —» cats in the cradle should be highlighted on that page.

thats all

In first place I thought no big deal. But this function seems to be used only on mars 🙂

Regards
Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't really do that. Changing the color of static text is not possible in a PDF file.

If you really want to do it like that then you'll need to use a complex solution, involving a script.

Several options are:

- Use layers. One with the text in black and another with the text in red. Show/hide layers based on the user clicking the link to the page.

- Use a (read-only) text field. Set the field's default value to the text you want to show, and the text color to black.

When the link is clicked use a script to change the field's text color to red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello try67,

Thank you so much for your reply as i really tried hard to get any responses at all.

so there is no short cut for this "problem"  

Now I know at least  where the journey is leading  me to.

and i know now what direction the further search must go.

really apreciate it 

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I don't seem to have mod privileges any longer, which is fine, but I suspect this thread really needs to be moved to the Acrobat forum. The function being requested seems to me to be something that would need to be done in Acrobat after export.

If you concur, perhaps you could move it.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Spier 

I've moved this from InDesign to Acrobat and sent you a PM about moderators.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines