• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlights Won't Delete

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After highlighting an area of text I am unable to delete it. There is also no option to "Undo." When I open the comment sidebar the highlights appear and often several 3-15 over the same area. When I try to delete from either the comments sidebar or by right clicking on the document, the comment briefly disapears and then instantly reapears. Undo also does not funciton. If I press delete after clicking/selecting the highlighted space several times in the document and then press command+z the hightlighted space gets darker and darker as if it is adding layers to the highlighting. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sory for the trouble. As described you are unable to delete the highlighted text.

We tried to reproduce the issue on our end and its working fine. Would you mind sharing, if its an issue with a particular PDF or with all the PDFs that you try to highlight? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to help > about Adobe Acrobat and make sure that you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed from the help menu > check for updates.

If the file is stored on a shared network/device, please try to download the file to your computer locally and then try again and check.

For testing purposes: Please try to turn off the protected for testing and see if that makes any difference. Go to Adobe Acrobat/Reader  > Preference > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' and turn off the protected mode , Uncheck the enhanced security > click ok and reboot the application.
Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

You may also look at the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/removing-highlights-in-pdf-documents/td-p/9473029?page... and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines