• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scroll bar missing

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My horizontal scroll bar is missing on my PDF form.  The vertical scroll one is there on the right.  It started happending randomly ever since the new update, but now I can't get it back at all.  The Touch Mode is set to auto-correct and I've tried changing to always and never.  I've tried View-Page Display-Enable Scrolling.  Nothing works.  I can't find any other suggestions on forums.  Please help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracey

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the scroll bar on the right hand side is missing after the update.

We have released a new optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (V.21.01.20138). Please update the application from the Help menu > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work try to repair the installation (Win only) from the Help Menu > Repair Installation and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this resolved? Now suddenly in 2023 my Acrobat has updated the scroll bars are missing -- who wants this?? Why isnt the default to see scroll bars so you can naviagte around the page after zooming in? I mean first Adobe removes the magnifying glass tool as a way to zoom in on a specific area and now this! Dear sweet Adobe, why fix things that arent' broken??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is a known issue and our engineers are working on it for the fix.

The fix will be available in the upcoming future release.

Thanks for your time and patience.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, but in the mean time how do we eaily move around the page when zoomed in? I dont even see the hand tool anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe products are terrible these days. My scroll bar is missing. I make a huge window and move most of it off-screen to see the file zoomed in.

I don't think a thank you for your time and patience in a forum response is sufficient from Adobe. I use this program professionally and I look like an idiot in front of my clients because Adobe is so awful these days. After 20 years, I feel trapped using these products and I tell my students to learn other programs so they won't be Adobe dependent.

Adobe needs to offer refunds or credits for all of the problems and wasted time they create in their customers' lives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please go through the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-scroll-framework-upgrades-for-macos/td-p/... for more information.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

This is unhelpful. Why would Adobe decide to change how scrolls bars work - they still exist everywhere!!! I do have a mouse with a wheel, but when I press shift and scroll (as your link above suggests) nothing happens . This is completely ridiculous! Please tell the developers to stop "fixing" things that are not broken. Please bring the horizontal scroll bar back so I can navigate around our 36x24 pdf files for goodness sakes!!!! This is a dumb decision to make for users. Also why switch all the panles &tools from right to left -- literally changing an interface that has been the same for over 20 years man! And why hide all the tools? Let users decide what they want to hide. Ihate that the magnifying tool no longer exists and has not for a while. It was such an efficient way to enlarge a specific area on a pdf -- and also how the same tool wotks in other Adobe programs - such a shame someone thoughtit was a good idea to change. Please return our tools and let the people decide how they want to setup their interface. The SCROLL Bar is a neccesity. You can decide what type of mouse people buy, so what about users that do not have a mouse with a wheel???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue is already been reported to our engineering team and is being worked on.

The fix will be available in the upcoming updates.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is literally one of the worst UX decisions I have ever been subjected to. It is not "a known issue" as written above, this was an active decision. Please un-shitify your UI ASAP.

I can only assume Adobe bought Figma because they employ precisely zero UX professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines