• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I access the commands that I have added to QuickTools?

Contributor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I customized the "quick tools" in an attempt to gain ready access to features I need that otherwise seem to require use of the "Find Tool" option in order to locate within the interface.

The functions I have selected to be in Quick Tools are not visible or accessible.  Instead Acrobat hides them in order to make room for numerous interface buttons that I have zero use for.

I would like to be able to access the commands I need, rather than the preselected ones which are of no usefulness.  I want the unneeded functions to be hidden, rather than the ones I that I need that I have specifically selected to be made available.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

For example, to remove the Print icon, right click on the quick bar and use File > Show File Tools > Print - set to off. This can be done for most tools. Apparently the SHARE tool is so fabulous and exciting that nobody would want to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can customize that other toolbar to remove items. Or make you're window wider. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, how do I remove items from the non-quicktools toolbar to make room for the quicktools toolbar to be displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, to remove the Print icon, right click on the quick bar and use File > Show File Tools > Print - set to off. This can be done for most tools. Apparently the SHARE tool is so fabulous and exciting that nobody would want to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

What a bizarre interface, though!  Hopefully this is limited to the mac version.  For each individual icon you want to remove, you have to (on Mac) do this:

View: Show/Hide: Toolbar Items: Show File/Edit/Etc tools:

And then once you get there, the bizarre part begins.  The list of icons does not tell you which ones are enabled and which are disabled.  So the only way to know is to look for the icon in the toolbar itself, otherwise you might be turning on something you want off, or vice versa.

So then the complete process goes like this:

1. Move actual adobe window to another monitor or off to the side so you can still see the toolbar while navigating several menu levels deep

2. Navigate several menu levels deep

3. Pick correct toolbar category

4. Visually inspect every icon on toolbar, compare against the ones that appear in the currently selected tools subset

5. Remove or add a single icon

6. Go back to step 2 and repeat until process is complete

A simple list of checkboxes, and that's 1990-level software technology, would reduce the time required to accomplish this by 95%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines