• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a Watermark which is not removeable

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a watermark to secure my document. Using the right tool, you can remove everything. How can I make sure, that noone is able to remove my watermark?

Thank you very much

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks aren't security. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why what are you trying to achieve? With enough skill and time any watermark can be removed.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding your watermark, go to File> Export to> Image. Open the image in Acrobat and re-save as a PDF. Converting your PDF to an image will create a larger PDF and you will also loose the advantages of vector and live type. Removing a watermark from an image is possible (with Photoshop), but difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will lost all interactive features when you export to image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all very much. I would like to send out material which I scannend before. To secure everything that is written down, I would like to mark them as mine if possible. No matter what I do, it will never be fully secure, am I right?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also set a password security feature to prevent editing of your PDF after applying the watermark.  File>Properties>Security tab.  Once set, be sure to save the file before distributing it.

Hope this helps.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though "no edit" passwords are absolutely worthless from a security point of view, because so many apps just ignore them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means, this not secure either? Thank you both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - and no one can stop an end-user from taking a screenshot either!  If someone wants to capture the data, they'll find a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For 100% security don't publish or share the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines