Highlighted

How can I delete a line from a scanned pdf

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SCREAMING point!  I have spent 3 hours trying to delete a line from a scanned document without success.  My whole evening is gone!  .  

I have wasted even more time trying to find an e-mail address so I can send a message for help but no luck.  Customer service at Adobe is an absolute joke!  I keep getting directed around in circles!

Your site suggested redaction but the line just wouldn't go.  I was left with a black box and the only way to get rid of it was to select white to colour the box.  I was then left with a big gap as the line was basically still there but in white.  The document is a reference so I can't have a big gap in the middle of it.  Can anyone tell me how to do this please or better, could someone tell me how to contact Adobe?!  Are they trying not to be available on purpose??  When I'm paying for a service, I do expect to be able to contact someone for help.  I'm seriously considering changing to another company.  Adobe is an absolute farce.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I delete a line from a scanned pdf

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SCREAMING point!  I have spent 3 hours trying to delete a line from a scanned document without success.  My whole evening is gone!  .  

I have wasted even more time trying to find an e-mail address so I can send a message for help but no luck.  Customer service at Adobe is an absolute joke!  I keep getting directed around in circles!

Your site suggested redaction but the line just wouldn't go.  I was left with a black box and the only way to get rid of it was to select white to colour the box.  I was then left with a big gap as the line was basically still there but in white.  The document is a reference so I can't have a big gap in the middle of it.  Can anyone tell me how to do this please or better, could someone tell me how to contact Adobe?!  Are they trying not to be available on purpose??  When I'm paying for a service, I do expect to be able to contact someone for help.  I'm seriously considering changing to another company.  Adobe is an absolute farce.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the people you meet here are not working for Adobe, we are users of Adobe's technology (hence the "Community" title of the site). 

A scanned document is a picture of the original page. There is no way to edit that on a character or word, line or paragraph basis, unless you use an image editor application like Adobe Photoshop. If you have Photoshop, you can actually edit a page right from Acrobat's Edit tool in Photoshop by right-clicking and selecting to "Edit Using>Photoshop" (you will have to configure Photoshop as a touchup editor first in Acrobat's preferences). This does require that you know your way around Photoshop, but you should be able to remove a line - as long as it's a complete line. 

In order to make a scanned document more accesible, you would want to OCR it. This will add search capabilities to the document, but may also provide a way to edit the document. When OCRing a document, there are basically two output formats: The recognized text can be stored "behind" the original image, in which case you are back to square one and would need an image editor, or you can replace the image with text that is now set in the font from the scanned document. In this case, you should be able to remove a line by using the Edit Text tool. Depending on how the document is structured, it may not be a simple process, and you may have to move other stuff around to make things look good again. PDF is not a good format to make edits in, I like to call it a final file format. However, you can export your document to Word and then edit the Word document, and then save as PDF again. How well this works depends again on the document, and if there are other parts in your document that may not look good in Word, one way to do this is to edit the document, convert to PDF and then just use the one page you've modified and replace the page in the original document with this modified page 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says you can edit a scanned document but it doesn't deliver. I'm
sorry, I don't understand anything in your second paragraph. If they would
just make an e-mail address available, it would help but they obviously
don't want to be contacted which is an appalling service considering we're
paying a fine hefty fee for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom line is you can't do it with Acrobat alone. You need to use an image editor, like Photoshop, then create a new PDF from that edited image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0