How can I delete the file with pdf extension that cannot be deleted and whose name cannot be changed

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike the website, I saved the PDF on the desktop, while saving the pdf I did not change the name, and then when I tried to open the pdf the warning "There was an error opening this document, access is denied" warning came, then when I tried to delete the pdf, I tried to change the name in the same way. not deleted, but the name has not been copied. it cannot be deleted, its name cannot be changed I really don't know what to do I would be glad if you help.Screenshot 2021-04-29 235101.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't restart your computer yet.

Do a backup of all your document and personal files while disconnected from the Internet.

While Disconnect from the internet, also run a antivirus/antimalware scan, preferably if you can execute the scanner from an external USB key.

If you open the task manager, do you see any essential background services missing? Or weird processed that don't belong to any programs installed in your machine?

If everything is fine, procees to reboot in Safe Mode, and log in with the hidden administrator account.

You should be able to delete this file.

The question is, where did you downloaded this file from?

And why such a long and incorrect filename convention; looks like the whole thing was encrypted.

Also, to be on the safe side check this article:

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/research/20/e/targeted-ransomware-attack-hits-taiwanese-organizatio...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines