• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I insert my saved signature into a pdf form in the new Adobe version?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a signature saved in Word and PDF format and I usually inserted this whenever I needed to sign pdf forms. I still have Adobe Reader XI on one computer, but on the others with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it does not let me insert my saved pdf signature file.

How can I avoid going back to printing out pdf forms to sign manually and scan back in?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

If you click "Fill & Sign" under "Tools" that will open the Fill & Sign tools and there is a "Sign" button at the top which allows you to create and store a signature and initials.  There are three options for how to create the signature - Type, Scribble, or Import Image. 

The "Import" signature option supports image files but not PDF so you'd have to save the signature image from that PDF to an image file and then you could import it and use it to sign PDFs.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

The "Adobe made up" signature is your name from your AdobeID Profile but you can replace the text in that dialog.

Regarding the "Import" not showing, is it possible that the signature dialog is just too big to fit entirely and there is a scrollbar on the right side? 

Signature tabs hidden.PNG

Try to scroll to the top and you should see the tabs:

Signature tabs hidden 2.PNG

It could be related to security restrictions in the PDF but that would not allow any signing and not only restrict the "Import" function.  If the above info does not help I'll prov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click "Fill & Sign" under "Tools" that will open the Fill & Sign tools and there is a "Sign" button at the top which allows you to create and store a signature and initials.  There are three options for how to create the signature - Type, Scribble, or Import Image. 

The "Import" signature option supports image files but not PDF so you'd have to save the signature image from that PDF to an image file and then you could import it and use it to sign PDFs.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Josh.

Any idea how I can convert the pdf signature file to an image file type?? I'm not seeing that option when I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fill & Sign tool does not import a PDF signature.  If you have Acrobat you can export the image from the PDF and then import the image in Fill & Sign.  If you do not have Acrobat maybe you could use a screen capture tool to get an image of your signature from the PDF and then import the image. 

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Win7 and the new Reader DC

What you suggest does not work. I click on signature, up comes add signature or add initials.  The signature option does not show my real signature but an Adobe made up one.

A previous document I prepared 2 days ago did indeed come up with the import option as you sugested. but not this time.

Any idea what could have changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Adobe made up" signature is your name from your AdobeID Profile but you can replace the text in that dialog.

Regarding the "Import" not showing, is it possible that the signature dialog is just too big to fit entirely and there is a scrollbar on the right side? 

Signature tabs hidden.PNG

Try to scroll to the top and you should see the tabs:

Signature tabs hidden 2.PNG

It could be related to security restrictions in the PDF but that would not allow any signing and not only restrict the "Import" function.  If the above info does not help I'll provide my email and you can send me the document to inspect.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe team, thanks for teaching us on how to add or insert a password on a PDF file. If you don't mind, I would also like to add the AceThinker PDF Writer because this tool can let you add signature on a PDF file. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines