• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I OCR in Adobe Pro DC without deskewing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to OCR a scan WITHOUT also having the page deskewed but with size reduction.

-

Tried so far:-

1) I have "Enhanced" the pages which does OCR without deskew but keeps the file size very large - so this is no good

2) I have "Recognised" the pages which persists in both OCR and DESKEW ... but does reduce the file size considerably (by about 90%) - but because of the deskew this is also no good.

-

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you scanning straight into Acrobat, or are you opening scanned images and converting them to PDF?

Acrobat "optimizes" images when you import them. On the preference dialog for e.g. the TIFF import settings, you can select how you want to image to be processed, and one of the steps is to enable (or disable) the deskew feature. 

2020-09-14_12-37-01.png

When you use the "Optimize scanned pages" feature, you can also turn deskew on or off:

2020-09-14_12-39-29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue. I need it to OCR and make the TEXT editable WITHOUT correcting any perceived "skew" in teh text or images on the page. However, it doesn't seem to matter where I turn off deskew, it wants to deskew as soon I need to EDIT PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines