• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove automatic comments when inserting a line?

Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a line to a pdf, it automatically creates a comment. How can I fix that so that I can add lines without associated comments?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't add a comment at all. That's not a good way to add text to a PDF. Editing PDFs is a pretty awful experience anyway, and if an original exists that should be edited. If you must edit, use the Edit tools, not the Comment tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't want to add a comment.

However, whenever I add a line an associated comment appears by default.

I've gone through all options on Editing > Preferences > Commenting but haven't found anything.

I cannot use the "Edit tools" because I'm working with the free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add text with the free software, only comments. So what you add is always and only a comment. (You are seeing a popup box as well, but your text is also a comment, even without a pop-up box). Comments may not be shown or printed by all software.

I suggest you edit your original (eg Word document) and re-make the PDF, even if editing the PDF seems easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reader can't actually edit PDF files. You can mark it up, though, and then send it to someone else to edit the original and create a new PDF, but that means adding comments. This is a correct workflow for revising a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines