• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I Restrict my pdfs to be screenshoted?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I have started using Adobe Acrbat DC, I was looking for ways to restrict my PDFs to be screenshoted as well as I want them only to be seen. Because when I share my files to my Comapny's group people use to screenshot them and save them for future use.

Is there a way to do so ?
I however secure them with permission passwords by following the steps provided in this guide about how to password protect a pdf, but it doesn't show any details about my query.

If is there a way so please guide me how I can secure my files with that option too, I am sure that there will definitely be a option.

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

There is no such option in PDF files.

It is only possible when you modify the operating system. But everyone can use a smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such option in PDF files.

It is only possible when you modify the operating system. But everyone can use a smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is not solvable. Even if Acrobat had such functionality, it would need to be the active window for it to work and as you are aware, you can see open applications even when they are not active. Additionally, as @Bernd_Alheit pointed out, you can still pull out a phone and snap an image of the screen.

What I generally advise in these situations is to use DRM or even just a bit of JavaScript to watermark the file with the user name so that when the images do show up somewhere where they are not supposed to be, you know where they came from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines