• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save multiple links from a web site as pdfs in one hit?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a great travel web site which has multiple links to lots of great information. I want to save all the links information ( 1-10 pages each link) to my laptop so I can read them when I'm travelling.

It would take for ever to open each link and save the pages as a pdf to read later. Is there a way to somehow automatically save all the information from all the links as multiple pdf's? ( or even one big pdf?)

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify your question - do you want to save a number of web pages across different websites as a set of PDFs for each page or a single PDF all in one go?

There is nothing in Acrobat that you could enter a set of URLs and it would go and convert the pages to PDFs. You will need to manaually save each page as a PDF, as below. You can combine all the PDFs created into a single PDF using Acrobat DC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/acrobat/using/converting-web-pages-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your response, Sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeus,

While I completely agree with Dean in that you do have to do this one-at-a-time (sorry), I can recommend something I've found much better for capturing web pages than Acrobat: It's called Print Friendly and it's free. Do a google search for Print Friendly and follow their instructions for installing this on your computer. 

Once I'm at a page that I wish to PDF, I then click on a Print Friendly link I keep in my Browsers "Saved" URLs. This will then open up that page removing most, if not all of the adds, and then you can fine-tune what get's saved from there. For example, if the very first image in the travel link is a very large image of (say) a beach that really doesn't add to the article, you can hover over that image and you will see a trash can to the left, click on the trash can and that beach image will go away. If there are "Comments" at the end of the article you can remove them as well so all you are left with is ONLY what you wanted to save. At that point you can either Print or save the PDF.

Yes, this will take more time than a simple "click to do all," but you will have ONLY what you want and nothing more. I prefer the latter myself.

Good luck on your travels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir, I found Print Friendly to be very useful & downloaded the chrome extension. Thanks a lot for your wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing is called a "spider". There are multiple applications available that will do that for you.

Once you've downloaded the contents you can convert them to PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines