• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I share a fillable pdf as an online link so that is downloads as a fillable file

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded a fillable pdf file on my website for people to download.  When I download it, the fillable fields are not working.  How can I post it so that it will be fillable when downloaded and  opened in Adobe reader

thanks!

Peggy

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peggy

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when downloading the PDF form from the website the fillable fields are not working anymore.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you did to upload the file on your website?

I have checked the file you have shared and opened it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and its working fine.

For more information about publishing the interactive PDF form please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/publishing-interactive-pdf-web-forms.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or experience any trouble

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file works fine for me. You have to instruct the users to download the file and then open it in Adobe Acrobat/Reader, not in a browser window or any other PDF viewer, like Apple Preview, and then it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I post it so that it will be fillable when downloaded and  opened in Adobe reader

You can't. If you allow the file to be downloaded, your users will be able to open it in whatever PDF application they use and they may be using a PDF viewer that can't fill in forms. You'll need to instruct them only to use Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines