• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop CC from notifying me about updates for apps I don't have?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people!

Every couple of days Creative Cloud notifies me that there are updates available for Acrobat DC. I don't have Acrobat DC. I may have trialled it at some point, but I thought I'd deleted it when I realised that it wasn't an upgrade from the Acrobat X Pro that I DO actually own. I'm so fed up with these messages that I stopped Creative Cloud booting on startup, but the messages are STILL coming even with CC not running.

Does anybody know how I can stop this please? Is there some DC file lurking in my system that is making CC think I have it? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an active subscription that includes acrobat dc?

if yes, i don't think there's anything you can do to stop the notifications about an update being available.

if you have no subscriptions to any adobe cc products, you can stop the notifications.  let me know.

and worse news, your acrobat x pro is probably no longer perpetually licensed, but has been taken over by adobe cc and is now "subscription". 

you should secure the acrobat x pro installation files and your serial number so you can restore your perpetual license if and when your cc subscription ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for the quick response. Currently I have no subscription products, just Design Standard CS6 and Lightroom classic, both serial number products. I don't have Acrobat DC, but I think I installed it once because it came up as an "update" to Acrobat Pro X. That's not strictly what it is though, as when I installed it, it asked me to start a 7 Day Trial. So I uninstalled it. It's perfectly possible that CC is still trying to persuade me that DC is an update to Pro X I suppose, but it really isn't if I have to subscribe in order to use it.

I Quit out of CC, but it's clearly lurking in the background somewhere, as it does keep prompting me to download DC. I would install DC just to get rid of the messages, but it's 1.2GB which I don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you install the cc desktop app from here, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud...

if so, you need to uninstall it, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then you should clean cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer.

open a design std cs6 program (eg, acrobat x pro) and see if there's a warning about your subscription.  if not click the program's help menu and see if there's a "sign in" or "activate" option and not whether it's gray-ed out.  (or even better embed a screenshot showing the help submenu.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat DC from inside the Creative Cloud management app. It also included an uninstaller and I ran that.

I followed your instructions but stopped short of running the cleaner because Acrobat DC is not listed as something it can find. Acrobat Pro X was part of the Creative Suite Design Standard CS6 I purchased years ago and am still using. I've already fallen into the trap of "updating" my separate permanent copy of Lightroom and then having to speak to Adobe Support to get the original download when the "update" turned out to be a paid subscription. I'm certainly not going to delete my permanent CS6 applications and have to go back to Support to download them again.

Thank you for your help, I do really appreciate it, but for now I'm just going to live with this I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got it, (and good luck).

for others, acrobat dc is part of cc apps,

kglad_0-1615823506872.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines