• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Upgrade

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Version 6.0.0 5/19/2003.

When I use the software to open other documents this is what  it tells me that:

"This file appears to use a new format that this version of acrobat does not support.  It may not open or display correctly.  Adobe recommemends that you upgrade to the latest version of our acrobat products.  Please visit our product site at http://www.adobe.com/acrobat"

What I need to know is how do I upgrade the software I already have.

Any assistance in helping me resolve this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank yo in advance for any and all help.

I have selected a few topics because it states that doing so helps others find my post, however, I do not see any topic that adresses my concern. Please forgive me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

There is no upgrade to that version from 2003, you will need to buy new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no upgrade to that version from 2003, you will need to buy new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a reasonable reply. Please have a direct Adobe employee provide the official response. If you are an Adobe employee then please tell me what reputable software does not let you upgrade from a previously purchased version with paying again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's exactly as @John T Smith  stated. 

I googled Adobe customer service and got this:

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

>>This is not a reasonable reply.

BTW,  how does this reply usually work out for you? Say an airline canceled your flight. Does it suddenly change anything?

I'm just wondering, so I can use that reply the next time my doctor tells me my test shows that my cholesterol is too high.🤣🤣

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you don't like the answer but it's true. For many years Adobe have allowed reduced price upgrades only from the previous two versions. This sort of restriction is very common. You left it about 6 versions and 15 years too late. Adobe would encourage everyone to subscribe now. Most products are subscription only today, though Acrobat Pro has a perpetual license option (called "Acrobat 2020").

This is a community forum. Provided by Adobe and left to it. We can't "have an Adobe employee" do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines