• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I view a pdf file that contains multimedia which requires flash to view it

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since flash has been EOL, how can I view a pdf file that was created in 2015.

This file contains multimedia documents which I need to review as quick as possible

I will appreciate any assistance

Thanks

Genas

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Rich media and 3D , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Genas

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Adobe has ended support for Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourages content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to new open formats, such as HTML5, WebGL, and WebAssembly. For more information, see Flash Player end-of-life.

Check out Adobe's detailed announcement: Flash and the Future of Interactive Content.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any possible way to migrate the old document by itself because creating a new one is not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're only hope is to find a (old) computer using an old version of Acrobat.

Acrobat 9.0 to 9.4 is the best choice since these versions embed their own Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with an older version (Acrobat 9) and still couldnt view the document. Do I still need to install that version of flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also open PDF file that contains media using Microsoft EDGE Web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines