• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I view the serial number for Adobe Acrobat which I have already installed?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in June 2016 I purchased and downloaded from Adobe two copies of Adobe Acrobat. When I log into my Adobe account, I see both serial numbers.  Since then, one of my computers had to be wiped clean, and Windows 10 reinstalled.  I now want to reinstall Adobe Acrobat on that system, but I don't know which of the two serial numbers to use.  If I could tell which serial number is used on the other system which still has its original Adobe Acrobat installation, then I would know to use the other one.  Is there a way I can find it in the Adobe application?  Or do I need to go find it in the Windows registry?  If I need to go into the registry, where would I find it?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Hello Avas,

As per the description above, you want to know the serial number associated with Acrobat installed on a machine so that you can reinstall Acrobat again, Is that correct?

There is no such option available to check the serial number through installed Adobe application and to check which serial number you used initially to activate the Acrobat Standard DC 12 on your machine.

I have checked your records with your current Adobe ID and found that you have two licenses of Acrobat Standard DC 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Avas,

As per the description above, you want to know the serial number associated with Acrobat installed on a machine so that you can reinstall Acrobat again, Is that correct?

There is no such option available to check the serial number through installed Adobe application and to check which serial number you used initially to activate the Acrobat Standard DC 12 on your machine.

I have checked your records with your current Adobe ID and found that you have two licenses of Acrobat Standard DC 12 registered on your Adobe ID. You can download and install the Acrobat Standard DC from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X  and use any of the serial numbers for activation.

To find the serial number, you may refer to Find your serial number

If you face any issue, you may refer to Activation and deactivation troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no such option available to check the serial number through the installed Adobe application? It would make things much easier, especially in an IT setting and trying to match serial numbers to computers with Acrobat installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because then anyone with access to the computer could steal it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If someone has access to your computer, then it's a done deal anyway, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old post but I wanted to avoid starting a new one. I have Adobe Pro 2017 on my work laptop and want to install it on my PC - is this an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're allowed up to two activations at the same time, as long as you don't use the application on both machines at the same time. You'll need to have your installer and serial number to activate it, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a problem since the IT guy installed it so there's no installeer or s/n to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask them what they are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find what computers Acobat 11.0 is installed on.  I had to replace a hard drive and I get the error it is on too many computers, but one no longer exists.  The help section does not have a deactivate button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines