• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How did my Acrobat get updated when I have automatic updated turned off?

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a bad experience with Auto-updating last fall, I wrote an article about it: Document Geek: How to Get the Old Version of Acrobat back

I followed my own advice and turned OFF auto updates.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 4.41.44 PM.png

But now I have version 2019.012.20034, which is one below the latest version: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 4.53.48 PM.png

Am I correct in assuming that turning OFF auto updates only turn off the Optional updates, and not the continuous updates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DocumentGeek,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Yes, you are correct. Turning off the auto updates under preferences only turns off the optional updates. The continuous updates will keep on updating in the application.

If you wish to disable the updates, you can use the Acrobat customization wizard Welcome to the Wizard — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows or the Windows registry Windows Updates

Please refer to the steps provided in the following forum thread with the simialr query How to disable automatic update of Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro?

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac. Is there any way to turn off the auto updates on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sure would be nice if that information (continuous updates versus optional updates) was actual stated in the preferences. Because users believe that if they click the check box to disable updates, then the updates will actually be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines