Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Add A Page And Edit It?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a form I am filling out. I need to duplicate page 4 and then fill it out the new page (now page 5) differently from page 4. When I edit page 4, it duplicates the text onto page 5. I read up on PDF Portfolio, but I need this to be one continuous document, not have Page 5 as a file and Pages 1-8 a separate file. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copy or duplicate a form or a field, you duplicate the fields name which means it is no longer unique. 

I just created a text field and then dupliated it. Note that it has the same name ("text1"). To make these unique, all I'd have to do is to (at least) make the copy "text2." 

Once you change the name in the 2nd version of that field, that will resolve your problem.

2021-02-24_08-32-14.png

Let us know if you have any other issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a template page and spawn this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, you'll have to rename the fields, either manually or using a script (not directly, but by spawning a copy of the page).

If you're interested I've created a (paid-for) tool that will allow you to duplicate the page and automatically rename all the fields in it very easily. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-duplicate-pages-of-a-pdf-file-including-form-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines