Highlighted

How do I combine parts of an A4 PDF into one A4 PDF page? | Context: Shipping Labels

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been selling a lot of personal items I no longer need on eBay. As they are selling quite well, I often have to post up to 4 items per day.

That means 4 shipping labels that are printed like the one I've attached. You can see that I can easily fit 4 labels onto one A4 page, but I can't figure out how to do that.It's easy to merge PDFs (I do it all the time), but no way to merge parts of a PDF from what I've seen.

What have I done to fix this problem myself?

This is all I could find online and it doesn't help:

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-I-combine-parts-pages-page-For-I-data-multiple-pages-merged-sin...

Any help would be appreciated

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Document Geek | Adobe Community Professional

How about cropping each page first, and then printing multiple per page?

But since the Copy button was grayed out, I wonder if the PDF has security settings on it. Does it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I combine parts of an A4 PDF into one A4 PDF page? | Context: Shipping Labels

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been selling a lot of personal items I no longer need on eBay. As they are selling quite well, I often have to post up to 4 items per day.

That means 4 shipping labels that are printed like the one I've attached. You can see that I can easily fit 4 labels onto one A4 page, but I can't figure out how to do that.It's easy to merge PDFs (I do it all the time), but no way to merge parts of a PDF from what I've seen.

What have I done to fix this problem myself?

This is all I could find online and it doesn't help:

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-I-combine-parts-pages-page-For-I-data-multiple-pages-merged-sin...

Any help would be appreciated

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Document Geek | Adobe Community Professional

But since the Copy button was grayed out, I wonder if the PDF has security settings on it. Does it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Edit tool. Select all the items on a page, copy them, and then paste them onto the sheet you want to be 4-up. Move them into the correct position. Repeat this two more times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after I go to   Edit > Select All   the 'Copy' button is still greyed out. I then tried to copy a Snapshot by selecting an area of the postage label, which worked, but then when I paste it into another document, the image is of lower quality. It is not a native copy of the data.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS does you use?

On Windows it is possible to print 4 A4 pages on one A4 page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. 

When I go to File > Print I don't know how to combine the 4 labels without it shrinking the size of each one. This is how one label looks on an A4 page

SSP_0-1605105167964.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must first combine 4 pages in one PDF file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
SSP LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bernd, that worked perfectly. I am posting this tutorial from YouTube here in case anyone else has this problem. (I didn't use the term "Crop" in my Google searches, hence my research didn't provide the right results)

1) Tutorial - How to Crop and Merge parts of a PDF into one file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrUVF945ro

2) File > Print > Select "Multiple"

You may need to play around with the setting in 'Multiple' depending on the shape of your crops. But Adobe did the correct fit automatically.

How to crop and combine multiple .pdfs into one file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0